Research & blog posts may include news updates, academic papers, research papers, and opinion papers authored or co-authored by one or more of Aequitas Group team members. Content in posts and any comments are provided for informational/educational purposes only, carry no warranties, confer no rights or contracts, and do not comprise legal advice. The views and opinions expressed by individual authors and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not necessarily constitute the views and opinions of other Aequitas Group team members, non-author team members, our business partners, or the law enforcement agencies that commission Aequitas Group team members. Should you have concern with any content, please Contact Us and describe your concern.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Our contact form submits your information to us via email. Contacting us via the form or via email does not by itself create a business or other legal relationship. Information submitted to us will not be sold or otherwise transferred to third parties for marketing purposes.
We collect information about visitors who comment on our sites that uses the Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here:
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.